Welcome to CURTAIN CALL CARNIVAL 2016
CURTAIN CALL, a new introduction in the group theatre community of Kolkata, established only on 1st July, 2013. Though the name is a recent addition to the theatre fraternity, the group has been founded with the deep routed passion and commitment to the field of drama, art and culture with our own national heritage of a bunch of theatre workers having a long standing working & creative experience and exposure.
We take this opportunity to introduce ourselves as one of the dedicated theatre group in the field of Group Theatre in West Bengal. We are registered (Regdn.No. S/2L/6985 of2013-2014) under “Societies Reistration Act” & are affiliated to ‘Paschimbanga Natya Academy’, the Apex Government authority for drama in West Bengal, India.
CURTAIN CALL, was established in 2013 at Kolkata and during this period , we have been able to stage three successful productions viz. “Antabiheen” , “ Galpo Jakhan Galpo Nay” and “ Gobordhaner Juddhajoy”. All these productions are being staged regularly at different auditoriums of Kolkata and outside with great interest and have got high appreciation from every corner of theatre lovers and critics. We believe in total theatre activities and that’s why apart from regular theatre productions, we hold monthly seminars , drama workshops and script reading by playwrights in regular course very successfully. And perhaps you will also appreciate our endeavour of publishing “Curtain Call Natyapatra” every year which has reached wide circulation amongst academic and theatre people , not only for theatre reason but also for academic interest also.
CURTAIN CALL believes in the building of nation and this is only possible through the development of education and of our own culture. In this process we cannot deny the impact and regular contribution by continuous and uninterrupted educational and cultural activities amongst the people and obviously amongst the upcoming generation. The generation, coming ahead, needs the in-depth knowledge, beliefs and understanding of our own cultural heritage. And we, the theatre workers can say that our theatre community can do & contribute a lot in this educational process towards the achievement of the desired goal in the future.
Keeping the fact in view, CURTAIN CALL has worked out a detailed and an elaborate programme and planning of conducting continuous theatre activities for its own members and non-members, for the new generation. Among our various continuous theatre knowledge learning activities, few are really worth mentioning, viz.
1. Making of at least two drama production in a year.
2. To hold 12 Seminars and/or Intimate Discussions on the subject based on theatre and its allied disciplines during the year.
3. To conduct theatre workshops in every month for the next-gen. In this respect we can also very proudly announce that we are conducting monthly drama workshop with the concept as “DESTINATION THEATRE” on regular course at Tripti Mitra Natyagriha of Paschimbanga Natya Academy since inception very successfully. The workshops were consisted of different sessions viz. Requirement of Physical Movement & Fitness in theatre acting, Sense of Improvisation & Imagination in theatre acting, the Scope and Application of Mime Acting in theatre, the Scope & Application of Dancing Movement in theatre acting, Voice in Acting and Acting through the process of Analysis – Character and so on. We think the total conduct of the activity was inspiring and successful.
4. Holding of Theatre Festival including Children Theatre Festival.
5. Conduct of In-house workshop of story- telling, making of scripts and dramas with those stories.
6. To hold Intimate Theatre Festival.
Birthday Celebration 1st July 2014
Birthday Celebration 1st July 2015
Drama Reading by Playwrites